Bocconi Students Women in Finance
Women in Finance (WiF) is an association at Bocconi University completely focused on creating a platform for collaboration among female students interested in a career in financial services.
We believe that creating a strong network of young women who share a common passion for finance will enhance career opportunities for female students at Bocconi University. We aim to foster strong relationships within the association as well as with industry professionals thanks to networking events.
The association was founded in 2017 by eight ambitious and talented students who went on to pursue exceptional careers in finance. Our first president, Giada Zhang, is now CEO of Milan Group after gaining experience at J.P. Morgan, Goldman Sachs and McKinsey and was included among the 30under30 rising stars by Forbes. Here is one of her TEDTalks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5yD-u4SgWw
Keeping long-lasting relationships after our members graduate is one of our key objectives. We are proud to have attracted so many talented members to join and, to date, the association counts 80+ alumnae working in leading financial institutions across Europe, North America and Asia.
- Events: we aim to foster learning and knowledge-sharing by inviting successful women in the industry as guest speakers;
- Networking: we support the career development of our members through a network of students and professionals, in order to exchange experiences and create future collaborations;
- Workshops & Mentoring Program: we encourage the provision of advice and training for our members to develop both soft and hard skills.
We meet weekly to share our thoughts on the markets, socialise and exchange knowledge through presentations and panels.
- Women Empowerment: contribute to the empowerment of female students by giving them guidance and advice;
- Passion: further develop our members’ passion and interest for the world of finance and encourage their involvement in the sector;
- Cooperation: promote collaboration over competition;
- Long-lasting Relationships: create a solid network of female students with common values and a shared passion for the financial industry.
We open applications for new members at the beginning of each semester. We look for ambitious and motivated students who are enthusiastic about pursuing a career in financial services and who wish to broaden their network. We welcome applicants from all majors, as long as they can demonstrate a genuine interest in finance.
The timeline and requirements for the application process will be shared on our LinkedIn, Instagram and Facebook pages (see the contact details below).
We strongly encourage you to find out more about the association by following us on social media and by reaching out to our members. Should you have any question, do not hesitate to contact us.
President: Barbara Balcon
Vice-President: Alessia Teofilo