Blood Drive with Avis Milano
Bocconi values the importance of issues related to the health, quality of life and social engagement of its students, faculty and staff.
This is why it has launched a variety of initiatives aimed at promoting increased awareness of several of these important issues. Included among the various opportunities in the 2019-2020 academic year, the month of November will focus on raising awareness of blood donation.
Why donate blood:
The use of blood and blood products is growing. Blood cannot be produced, it must be donated. To meet the needs of hospitals in Milan, 150 donors more than those who currently donate would be needed every day.
Thanks to a collaboration with Avis Milano and Students for Humanity, the entire Bocconi community will have the chance to donate blood at a mobile unit on campus. In addition, you will receive several blood tests and breakfast offered by volunteers of the association after donating.
Who can donate:
Donating blood is easy and takes only about 10 minutes. The following is required:
- weight of at least 50kg
- age between 18 and 65 years
- excellent health status: this is why several questions will be asked before donation, to establish your ability to donate
more information is available in the "Links" section of this page
How to donate:
- come to one of the info desks in the Velodromo building on 6, 7 or 11 November 2019 (10 am —3 pm);
- fill out a short form at the desk;
- receive information on the date and time of the donation;
- come to your appointment according to instructions on 26 November and 2 and 3 December, in Sraffa Square 11 building;
Please note: the form must be completed and donors must be punctual for their appointment.